India is a booming economy with a vast array of investment opportunities for growth. We at GEPL, carefully select and identify the investment avenues with maximum returns for Indian investors across the globe. For Indians residing in various countries across, GEPL offers numerous financial instruments to grow your money securely. Some of the investment opportunities available to NRIs include:
- Government dated Securities and Treasury bills
- Units of Domestic Mutual Funds including Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Bonds issued by a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) in India
- Non-Convertible Debentures of a company incorporated in India
- Perpetual Debt Instruments and Debt Capital Instruments issued by Banks in India
- Shares in Public Sector Enterprises being dis-invested by the Government of India
- Shares and Convertible Debentures of Indian companies under the FDI scheme
- Shares and Convertible Debentures of Indian companies through stock exchange under PIS
- National Plan and Savings Certificates
- Exchange Traded Derivative Contracts approved by SEBI
For an NRI to start investing in financial instruments in India, he/she will first need to open the following accounts.
- An NRE / NRO bank account and a PIS account.
- A Demat account with a Depository Participant;
- A Brokerage / Trading account with a Broker.
GEPL makes this step extremely easy by offering these services seamlessly at our branch office. To open these accounts, simply visit the nearest GEPL contact point and take the forms. Fill them with all the relevant details and submit them with the required documents. The accounts will be operational within 7 days if the forms and documents being approved.
Required documents include:
- PAN Copy
- Valid Passport
- Valid Visa / Permanent ID card (If passport is issued from country other than the country in which NRI resides)
- PIO / OCI Card
- Overseas Address Proof
- Indian Address Proof (Optional for repatriable accounts)
A citizen of any country other than Pakistan or Bangladesh who has:
- held an Indian Passport at any time, or
- himself or either of his parents or any of his grandparents were citizens of India, or
- is a spouse of an Indian citizen, or
is a spouse of a person covered under (i) or (ii) aboveabove